2009/06/13

Fwd: [feral_cats] CAT HEALTH QUESTION




My 9 yr-old Ebony and I have been fighting to keep her going for a couple
of weeks now. I wonder if any of you have experienced this and might have
some insight about what is causing all this, and how we might improve the
treatment.

It started out when she refused to eat and had violent, very loose
diarrhea--bloody and mucousy. Trip to the vet and blood panel revealed her kidneys
were failing. Vet kept her on IV fluids and whatever else for 4 days, sent
her home to my care when a new blood test said the kidneys were almost
normal. A week later, her kidneys were fine and her liver was off the chart.
I give her fluids every day, force feed her 4 + times a day, give her
vitamins and a new med for the liver. Diarrhea still present but thicker (I feed
her a mix of baby cereal, yogurt and kidney care cat food). Yesterday I
thought the battle was won when she actually took 3 small bites of Fancy
Feast, but she hasn't had one since.

She sleeps with me and purrs, rubs and generally loves me as usual, she is
very gentle and easy to treat. The ones among you who have been to my
house met her as my "welcoming committee of one". She was a bottle fed baby
from her 2nd day, and has always been a little on the fragile side.

Any input would be very, very appreciated!


.

__,_._,___


0 comments: