2009/07/06

Twilight

From the description of Twilight she sounds like a tame cat who was

either lost or dumped because she was pregnant. Irresponsible people
who have money for everything but their pets often dump preg. females
rather than spay them.... Thank you for spaying her!!

I believe she will let you pet her. A cat who talks to you and rolls
on your patio is tame, not feral, and it sounds like she wants to be
petted. Try petting her on her back, not her tummy, or if you are
hesitant to pet her with your hand, use a long handled bath brush.
I've gained the love and trust of many a stray cat by using a bath
brush........ They love it.

Lorrie

On 07-03, hconrad2 wrote:

  Here is some more information about the cat. I am in no way trying
  to tame her for adoption for myself or anyone else. I have two 1
  year old cats at home that I adopted last year.I cannot have
  anymore cats. I was just curious as to whether or not it was
  possible for a feral to become friendly with the caretaker(myself).
  I became interested in tnr after I found out she had kittens in my
  yard. I know I needed to give the kittens a chance at adoption and
  spay the mom with the intent to return her back to her original
  living space(my yard). The person who took her and her kittens in
  said she definatey was not tame and therefore unadoptable. There is
  no real colony, just her and the father who I see in my
  neighborhood every once in a while. He runs when he sees me.
 
  She is a young black cat who we have named Twilight. since her
  kittens have been gone and she has been spayed(1week ago) she has
  been hanging out on my patio all night and comes up to me and talks
  and rolls around on the ground. I have not tried to pet her because
  I don't want to get bit. I will continue to feed her as long as she
  calls my place her home. Her kittens will soon be up for adoption
  when they are healthy enough and socialized. I am just happy that I
  got to them before the animal warden did. thanks!
 
 

__._,_.___

0 comments: