2009/07/06

Trivially! Cats' sense of smell VASTLY better -- cats recognize fam

This is exactly what I am hoping for. It happened again tonight. All

of a sudden Blazen meows at the door - Leo is sitting next to him and
doesn't do anything. Blazen was neutered at 6 months, Leo at 1.5
years (that's when I found him). I poked my head out the door to see
if she was there, she poked her head out from the railing, then sat
at the bottom of the stairs and looked up at me, both ears on alert.
She rubbed against the handrail a few times. I would calling to her
but she didn't come closer so I eventually went inside. Tomorrow I am
setting the trap and bringing her in. What signs can I look for to
see if she is feral vs a scared lost cat?

When I first noticed Blazen in the backyard I thought it was one
kitten. Then when I moved the food dish closer to the house to make
it easier to catch him I noticed it was two kittens. When the bowl
was at the tree line one would always be hiding, but now that the
bowl was in the middle of the lawn they both were in the open. As I
was trying to figure out how to catch them without scaring off one
cat they showed up on my porch staring in my screen door. I opened
the door and made a little food trail. They followed it in, explored
a bit, ran in and out a few times, then curled up under my dining
room table and went to sleep. Since them Blazen runs if we come to
the door - he doesn't want to go out again! So I am hoping this is
him calling to another cat saying it is worth it to come inside.

Daniela


0 comments: