2009/08/11

cats galore

I bought my house in Bristol Ct last year and am steadily getting all the stray cats speutered.
There are a lot in my neighbourhood.
A couple of days ago I saw a very skinny orange cat come into my yard. I immediately ran out with some kibble.
He sniffed and turned away.
Skinniest cat I've ever seen.
I ran back in and got some wet food which he accepted and slowly ate. He rubbed on me too.
After he ate and drank he slowly made his way across the street. I could kick myself for not getting him.
His ears were all bloodly and lots of dirt inside of them
I have been keeping a close eye out and last night I saw him again slowly walking across the street from my house. I had missed him :<(
I got some wet food in a paper plate to try to feed him again but couldn't find him.
While I was walking down the street with my sister a small calico came up to us so I gave her some of the food which she gobbled up.
When we were walking back home she was still there so we made a decision.
We made a trail of the wet food and she kept following us and eating.
After a bit my sister picked her up and walked to our house with her. She strained a little but stayed in Jiggy's arms.
So now she is in a crate in my garage and will be spayed soon.
She is a very nice kitten and lets me pick her up easily.
Hope she's not already spayed but I'll find out soon enough.
Good kitten.
And good orange boy for helping me find her.
Now I hope I can get him.
I won't make the same mistake twice.
Lynn

__._,_.___

0 comments: